The main purposes of collecting personal information about individuals are as follows:
- Provide you with access to certain features of the Platform;
- Deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to an individual’s request;
- To communicate with the Software and Services and for resolving customer service issues;
- Contact you with regard to your use of the Platform and interest in certain products and services, and, in our discretion, changes to any Hubhopper policy;
- Keeping you informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to you;
- General management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management;
- All other lawful purposes related to our business and in furtherance to fulfillment of lawful contract.
Personal information collected by us through this site is used only for the intended purpose stated at the time that the information is collected or for the purposes specified above.
We do not routinely disclose or transfer an individual’s personal information to other organizations unless we have the prior and specific permission of the individual or the entity that provided such information on behalf of such individuals or unless:
- Such disclosure or transfer is permitted under this privacy statement or the disclosure or transfer required by law, including for the purpose of compliance with court orders, requests or order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure;
- We believe it necessary to provide the individual with a product or services which it has requested;
- The disclosure is required for us to use or process the data for the purpose for which it was obtained.
Except as set out in this privacy statement or specifically allowed under law, we will not disclose, share, sell or rent an individual’s personal information to any third party. If an individual wishes to update or change any information, he or she may do so by requesting us and we shall prospectively cease to use or modify his or her personal information.
The Software/Service may allow you to choose the manner of and the extent to which you wish to disclose the Personal Information. You may also be allowed to disable some of the features that require sharing of Personal Information. Should visitors subsequently choose to withdraw their consent in respect of their personal information, unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, we will provide instructions on the appropriate website area or in communications to our visitors.
Hubhopper takes appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Website, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us at email@example.com We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, in order to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible. How long we keep your personal data:
- For Website Users will hold your personal data (eg name, address and contact details) for indefinitely unless you ask us to delete it.
It's your right to request that we delete certain of your personal data. You can ask us to erase personal data:
- that we no longer need for the purpose it was collected for
- that we process based on the legal basis of consent, and you withdraw your consent
- when you object and make a justified objection,
- it’s still necessary to process the data for the purpose we collected it for
- Hubhopper has a legal obligation to keep the data, or
- Hubhopper needs the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if there’s an unresolved issue relating to your account
All information we hold about you is stored on our secure servers maintained by Amazon Web Services, residing in the `ap-south-1` Amazon Web Services region.
The Platform is not intended for individuals aged 18 years or younger. Minors can only use the service with the involvement, supervision and approval of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent.
Many privacy laws give rights to individuals over their personal data. These laws include the General Data Protection Regulation, or 'GDPR'. Some rights only apply when Hubhopper uses a certain 'legal basis' to process your data. You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- To access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Notice is already designed to address
- To have your personal data corrected, for example, if it is incomplete or incorrect
- To request the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- To receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Where you have provided personal data voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent
- To object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- To object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- To nominate any other individual, who shall, in the event of your death or incapacity, exercise your rights.
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the Hubhopper service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not agree or consent to these updates or changes, do not continue to use the Platform.
If an individual has any queries or grievance about our privacy practices or the implementation thereof or notice any discrepancy in our database relating to the individual, he or she may contact the grievance personnel on firstname.lastname@example.org. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 03031231113.